Thursday, May 13, 2010

NEW BLOG!

First off I just want to say how happy and thankful I am to have such lovely people reading my silly little blog. I love having this medium to share happy, and sometimes not so happy things about my life. Having other bloggers from around the world share their insights and feelings back is extremely rewarding.

And now... I'm starting a new blog. It's called Diary of a Guerilla Gardener and I hope you will all visit it. It's just getting started so give it a chance to take off... I was inspired to start this blog and this project by my final project in my 3D design class last semester at school. For our kinetics project I ended up taking over an overgrown space in Cleveland. I knitted over 20 little colorful pouches and hung them in the trees and bushes in the space. Inside the pouches I slipped little seed bombs that I mixed up. The "bombs" will eventually fall out of the pouches and grow wildflowers where they fall.

Now that I'm home for the summer, and currently am stuck in bed with a broken foot, I'm knitting up a storm and working on new patterns and further ideas for guerilla gardening so I decided to start a blog to mark my progress. Hope you enjoy it!

No comments: