i've just read over a post i did at the beginning of the summer all about the things i wanted to do this summer. now i know it's not completely over but it basically feels like it because all i do now basically is work and prepare for college.
so lets see how i did.
1. sleep - definitely yes, my insomnia has still been terrible but i've perfected the art of sleeping in late for sure.
2. party/see shows - party... yes for the first half of the summer and seeing shows, yes i suppose. i i've seen all the good ones around me i guess: camera obscura, au revoir simone, the plastiscines, patrick wolf, jag love, living things, luego, she & him, coldplay (who i just saw last night...
changed my life.
went with leah.
got wet butts... like everyone else from the grass.
got slapped on my wet butt by a rude stranger.
got butterflies poured on us by a nice stranger.
danced more than i thought possible.
screamed more than i thought possible.
got belly shirt imitated by another rude stranger.
got a free cd.
got ginger ale.
3. find a place to hide - no where new. so i guess i failed at that one. although i just read "doors of perception" by huxley and so i'm learning to find a place to hide within my mind.
4. make beautiful things - i've been doing some sewing and some watercolors... made this dress out of part of a vintage skirt.
5. eat - yes. just had only burger for dinner tonight. and i've been frequenting mad hatters while michael is working to get free german chocolate cake and coffee drinks.
6. make wishes that come true - no. i basically had one wish this summer that i repeated over and over again and that came to nothing.
7. be outside - yes. i would say that between my trip to portland, eno fest, and many a duke gardens romp, i've been outside... although i failed at going to the beach for a week like i should have so maybe i only completed this one half way.
8. float on air - kind of vague. i think i did for a while, but then i fell.
9. dream - literally yes, i've had loads of strange dreams this summer. as far as a dreamy life style... first half of summer only.
10. learn to ride my bike - no. utter failure. i didn't even try and now i've given my helmet away.
11. find love - ha. as if.
i've been doing a lot of reading and movie watching lately as well.
all of these books and movies changed me in some way. huxley is now my favorite person in the world. "doors of perception" is all about his experience on peyote among countless other random and extremely true observations about the world. "angus thongs and perfect snogging" based of course on the amazing book... changed my life. beyond having the best soundtrack EVER i learned so many amazing new phrases such as "the pants", "the business", "nervy b", "fois.. they are sex gods", "fois... quality luscious" etc...etc...
a lovely day with julie, hannah, and marianna while she was in town. it was lovely to see her.
i leave for college in 12 days. it doesn't seem real. my room exploded today. and i had to say good bye to xan because she is leaving tomorrow to asheville. everything is over. and sometimes i feel like i did it all wrong. sometimes i feel like i didn't do anything at all. usually focusing on the big picture is more important than the little things. but not this time. the big picture is a mess. i need to remember that i had a lot of good times, individually. because i really did.