Thursday, August 13, 2009

good things come to those who wait

this could be my last post before i leave for college on wednesday... although i hope not.  things are strange.  good and not good.  and mostly sad because there are so many hard goodbyes.  and so many things to pack.  things that can't be packed.
but these last few days have been full

i've been doing all my favorite durham things
and seeing all my favorite durham people
and i'm not quite done yet.

this award from the lovely twinkle magpies from a contest that i won and i'll explain all the goodness about it that i am so excited about in my next post.  i'm just too busy right now to do it justice!

and now, because i've just seen coldplay and they're on my mind.  some of chris martin's lovely words.  some apply to my life.  some don't.  but i'm not telling which.


when you try your best but you don't succeed
when you get what you want but not what you need
when you feel so tired but you can't sleep
stuck in reverse

when tears come streaming down your face
when you lose something you can't replace
when you love someone but it goes to waste
could it be worse?

lights will guide you home 
and ignite your bones
and i will try to fix you

and the hardest part
was letting go, not taking part
you really broke my heart

everything i know is wrong
everything i do, it just comes undone
and everything is torn apart

tell me you love me
come back and haunt me
oh i rush to the start
running in circles, chasing our tails
coming back as we are

nobody said it was easy
oh it's sucha shame for us to part
nobody said it was easy
no one ever said it would be so hard
i'm going back to the start

14 comments:

jules said...

Oh this is so lovely and sad. I love you.

hannah said...

i can't believe you (and all my other seniors) are actually leaving. like, this is actually it. it's crazy. and mind-boggling. and a lil exciting! (okay a lot)

i can't wait to hear about college and hopefully see you over breaks and i'll be curious to see how this next chapter goes : )

i'm listening to one of your mixes, which i love.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

oh, please feel free to do whatever you like, just keeping the same basic structure. but don't post it until you recieve your item, which i still need your address for!
my email is magpieswish@gmail.com, so please get that to me as soon as possible so i can send your item♥

Kaela said...

wonderful photos.. cute blog x

Anonymous said...

i just found you, and now you are leaving. it makes me feel sad.

the notebook doodles said...

good luck in college :) i'm sure it'll be a great experience!

electric feel said...

i totally understand you
i've to leave all my class mates ;(

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

your blog is such a great inspiration!

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

hannah said...

ooo i'm glad you enjoyed that
i love found magazine, it can entertain me for hours .. such a neat idea for a mag in the first place

aren't you up in cleveland now? if i'm correct (which i think i am..?) how is it???

Grace Wrightsell said...

Aw this is a beautiful post! And I hope your are already adjusting to your new college life!

All my friends moved away for college and I stayed in Toronto so I know all about goodbyes and how hard they are but you have so much to look forward to! I can't even explain how many wonderful things are coming your way!

ps. The girl who threw that bra was my hero of the night!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photos. So lovely. And sad :[

Sad that you are leaving, but good luck.

Panda xx

Grace Wrightsell said...

hahaha goodluck on monday! first day of classes is always super exciting slash nerve-racking!
and im glad to hear that you got to enjoy the last bit of ur summer and stuff settled a little!

Kimberley Brandsma said...

I tagged you! I hope you weren't already;)

hannah said...

oh wow, that's pretty exciting!
i can't believe your first classes are in ... 2 days (yipppeeee!!)

i bet it's so different and new, i can imagine settling in will take a bit.

is it cold up there yet or still summer weather or what?
i want fall so badly