Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snow, Meringue, Ceramic Flowers

Here goes a completely disconnected post but these were just a couple of images I wanted to share.

The first is from my back yard today. We actually got some serious snow in North Carolina yesterday and today. Pretty much snowed in, people in the south tend to freak out over snow but it's quite pretty.

The second was my first attempt at meringue kisses. They were so easy and came out perfectly! I don't know why I've been so scared of them for ages.  Literally I whipped together 4 egg whites, 1/2 teaspoon corn starch, 1 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, pipped them out onto a buttered and flowered pan and baked them for 1 hour at 225. Easy peazy. I'll be making many more batches I can tell.

The last are just some sweet vintage ceramic flowers we have at Dolly's.

Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow.

No comments: